There was a time when women who wished to possess fine timepieces with bold faces and great mechanical architecture had to select from the array of men’s watches. This is no longer the case. Those days are a thing of the past, replaced by a vibrant selection of exquisite timepieces designed specially for women.
The Top 3 Models for Ladies Fine Timepieces
A plethora of choices await the watch loving woman, many encrusted by fabulous jewels, with a definite feminine touch and all the technology and mechanical marvels that make fine timepieces a coveted choice for watch and jewelry collectors. This female driven demand rises ostensibly shaping the landscape of the watch industry.
Digital Luxury Group, Founder & CEO, David Sadigh comments, “Our outlook for the Swiss luxury watch industry remains strong. Consumers from around the world are more and more falling in love with fine watches, especially women. The segment currently represents the largest untapped opportunity, both in Asia and the Americas.”
Digital Luxury Group WorldWatchReport™
The facts and figures to back up the fact that women’s interests are represented, is illustrated now for the 10th consecutive year by the Digital Luxury Group in their WorldWatchReport™, the leading market research in the luxury watch industry. After the release of the Haute Horlogerie Preview (18 brands) of the report in January at SIHH, the complete 2014 Baselworld edition (62 brands, 20 markets) is available:
Here is a glimpse at some of the reports highlights:
- Interests in Ladies’ watches are led by BRIC countries China (+145.50%), India(+27.65%) and Russia (+11.67%).
- Haute Horlogerie leads the growth trend (20.88%) thanks to brands such as Vacheron Constantin (+66.2%). The Prestige brands come in second (15.31%) thanks to the contribution of Omega (+88.3%) and IWC (+15.97%).
- Luxury conglomerates generated more attention for ladies’ watches especially for those with large market shares such as Swatch Group (25.15%, +47.76%), Richemont (19.97%, +13.29%) and Rolex (26.51%, +7.91%).
- Despite a slowdown in sales in Asia, global consumer demand for luxury watches grew by +5.7%.
- Global demand was fueled once again by BRIC markets with the highest year-to-year increases in China (+59.4%), Russia (+20.4%) and India (+12.0%).
- Historically established mature markets such as Germany (-9.2%), the United States (-7.9%), and Japan (-5.5%), experienced single digit demand decline, whilst Italy (+8.8%) and the United Kingdom (+3.1%) saw growth in interest versus 2012.
About Digital Luxury Group
Digital Luxury Group (DLG) is the digital partner of forward-thinking luxury brands. With offices in Geneva, New York and Shanghai, DLG combines leading brand intelligence with bespoke digital marketing services. From creation to implementation, we empower brand strategies with our proprietary data and research. For more information: www.digital-luxury.com