Sister hotel to the legendary Domes of Elounda, the Domes Noruz Chania, Autograph Collection is an 83-room and suites, adults-only, beachfront boutique hotel.
Like its sister hotel, Domes Noruz joins Autograph Collection, an evolving ensemble of strikingly independent hotels. Each destination has been selected for its quality, bold originality, rich character and uncommon details, created for the traveller seeking an escape from the predictable. This brand new Exactly Like Nothing Else experiential hotel in Chania, complete with a buzzy atmosphere, will be a must visit destination for a couple, or a group of friends, that likes to relax and have fun in chic, ultra-stylish surroundings.
Room options include those with spectacular pool and sea views as well as private outdoor baths or plunge pools, most looking out onto a wide swath of naturally sanded beachfront on the lapis Cretan Sea. The architecture, inspired by the Venetian heritage of the old town of Chania, is breathtaking, while all details have been carefully considered with delightful touches everywhere, such as mini Smeg fridges and coffee table books by Taschen.
The spell-binding city of Chania plays host to this thrilling new venture. Located on the northwest coast of Crete, this is one of the Mediterranean’s ‘must sees’. Lively Chania will charm you with its utterly enchanting Venetian harbor and lighthouse, its Riviera-rivalling beaches, and a seamless blend of Ottoman, Venetian and Greek architecture. The old town is just a 10-minute drive from the hotel and is sure to be a magnet for guests: explore the cobbled streets where you will unearth delicious local cafés and exquisite restaurants. Its waterfront and promenade come alive at night with bars, clubs and restaurants. For those seeking culture, Chania is also steeped in history, as it is home to an historic market and an impressive Archaeological Museum.
Domes Noruz embraces the past and the present of the area, by building on its inherent charisma and introducing a fresh, contemporary opportunity for design-savvy guests to enjoy each and every moment in their own way. The word ‘Noruz’ means ‘new light’ and with this, the play of sunlight and the ever-changing sky will become a focal point throughout the style, interiors and architecture of the property.
Domes Noruz doesn’t want to merely host guests, but to curate the holiday that guests have been dreaming of. A strong sense of locality fused with the highest standards of hospitality and a well-researched touch of innovation are translated into tailor made experiences: whether that be fine cocktails with unexpected local ingredients, to late night events at the Domes Noruz’s sandy beach under the moonlight and helicopter rides at the breathtaking UNESCO protected Samaria Gorge.
Wellness is also part of the philosophy here. The beautiful seaside with stunning ocean views are ideal for private yoga lessons. Thoughtful touches have been added throughout such as preloaded MP3 players with uplifting music, with the emphasis on creating the right setting and anticipating every guest’s need. The inviting spa is a haven of serenity and tranquility. With design inspired by traditional local embroidery and fabrics, this calming space is dominated by a soothing shade of sky blue. Intentionally sub-lit, with diffused, indirect lighting to sustain a sense of relaxation, it offers the latest in natural massage and experiences, while using organic herbs from the island. The pool area and the juice bar nearby are just two of the highlights.
The hotel’s hotly anticipated restaurant, Zeen, will offer delectable Cretan cuisine with international accents – all lead by the acclaimed, award-winning chef, Doxis Bekris. A dynamic, modern all day restaurant and bar with different deli corners during breakfast, such as a bakery display and a vitality bar, this vibrant space puts an emphasis on local produce and organic ingredients, while adding an international flair to beloved Cretan recipes. Chef Bekris’ talent has lead him to work in places such as Dubai, New York, Italy, Japan, Zambia, Zurich and Kenya and he brings a very cosmopolitan and current approach to food. The rooftop Raw Bar, with its amazing sunset, and The N Bar are both sleek and stylish, offering guests an extensive selection of unique cocktails and tasty bites.
- Domes Noruz is the first lifestyle resort to open in Chania.
- Chania is one of Greece’s top five destinations, offering an eclectic mix of culture and entertainment, with numerous bars and restaurants in the old town.
- It is a sister hotel to Domes of Elounda (a suites and villas-only hotel and the first property to become part of Marriott’s Autograph Collection in Greece)
- A luxury five-star resort in front of the sea, it is comprised of 83 rooms and suites and is an adults-only property that caters to globetrotters.
- Situated in Agioi Apostoloi, one of the most popular beaches in the area, the resort is surrounded by a variety of beautiful parks and sport centres.
- The resort is only 2 kilometres away from the vibrant centre of Chania.
- Zeen, the resort’s central restaurant, is open all day and mixes Cretan cuisine with international flavours.
- Noruz is also home to two exciting bars: The Raw Bar, which also serves modern Greek cuisine with Japanese and Peruvian influences and the N Bar located at the reception.
- All menus have been prepared by the award-winning chef, Doxis Bekris.
- The spa uses products exclusively by Elemis.
For more information visit www.domesnoruz.com