Taking place on October 16th, 2019, Primum Familiae Vini (PFV) hosts a remarkable dinner for wine lovers in conjunction with Sotheby’s at New York’s Michelin-starred Le Bernardin, with proceeds benefiting Share Our Strength’s ‘No Kid Hungry’ campaign.
Since 1995, the PFV has supported many charities around the world – primarily local organisations that benefit disadvantaged children or specialised hospitals. In total, over $3 million dollars have been raised, with a large portion coming from a collaboration with Opus One during 2015’s Napa Valley Auction.
The PFV dinner in New York is now open for reservations and will be strictly limited in numbers:
Rare Bottles and Exceptional Wines
This will certainly be one of the most interesting wine-related events of 2019: twelve rare bottles will be served at Le Bernardin, each carefully selected from the producer’s private cellars and presented by a family member. The history of these wines and of the people who made them will be a central topic of this unique evening.
The twelve PFV members will present the following wines:
- Hubert de Billy : 2008 Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill & 1985 Pol Roger Jeroboam
- Frédéric Drouhin : 1992 Marquis de Laguiche Montrachet Grand Cru
- Jean-Frédéric Hugel : 1976 Riesling Vendange Tardive
- Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta : 1998 Sassicaia
- Robert de Luxembourg : 1989 Château Haut-Brion
- Marc Perrin : 1989 Château de Beaucastel Hommage à Jacques Perrin
- Philippe Sereys de Rothschild : 1986 Château Mouton Rothschild
- Albiera Antinori : 1982 Tignanello
- Miguel Torres : 1970 Mas La Plana
- Pablo Alvarez : 1953 Vega-Sicilia Único
- Egon Müller : 1975 Scharzhofberger Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese
- Paul Symington : 1970 Graham’s Vintage Port
Sotheby’s Wine Chairman Jamie Ritchie will conduct an auction during the dinner which will feature a limited-edition case of 12 wines, with each family having contributed an outstanding and rare vintage. This case will include a PFV Passport which offers the exclusive opportunity for its owner to visit each wine estate and be hosted by a family member.
Primum Familiae Vini unites twelve of Europe’s leading wine producers who are all passionately committed to conserving the spirit of family wine companies and continuing the pursuit of excellence in their vineyards and winemaking.
For reservations for the PFV dinner: https://events.
photo credit: Michaël Boudot
From left to right:
Frédéric Drouhin (Joseph Drouhin), Egon Müller (Scharzhof), Philippe Sereys de Rothschild (Baron Philippe de Rothschild – Château Mouton Rothschild), Prince Robert de Luxembourg (Domaine Clarence Dillon – Château Haut-Brion), Marc Perrin (Famille Perrin – Beaucastel, 2019/2020 President of PFV), Albiera Antinori (Marchesi Antinori), Hubert de Billy (Champagne Pol Roger), Priscilla Incisa della Rocchetta (Tenuta San Guido – Sassicaia), Pablo Alvarez (Tempos Vega Sicilia), Paul Symington (Symington Family Estates), Jean Frédéric Hugel (Famille Hugel) and Miguel Torres (Familia Torres).