The Ottoman: A quintessential piece of furniture for your luxury lifestyle and it is versatile too.
An ottoman consists of a bench or seat, padded and upholstered seat, with neither back nor arms, often used as a stool or footstool, or in some cases as an improvised coffee table. Also known as footstool, tuffet, hassock, or pouffe, some hollow ottomans are used for storage. Ottomans are often sold as coordinating furniture with other chairs.
Origin of the Ottoman
Initially, the word was introduced into English pertaining to the ‘footstool” back in 1806 and its original shape was tall and cylindrical similar to the round hats of the Ottoman government officials. Past the 18th century, their use was commonplace in the upper middle class of Western Europe.
- Masterpiece Carved Bench / Ottoman with Semi-Attached Pillow Top
- Industrial Louis Coffee Table
- Catalina ottoman with legs
- Greenwich Living Antiques & Design Center – Painted Regency Style Stool
- Charles Spada Antiques – Pair of “X” benches
- Essex printed ottoman
- Otto round Pouf