For affluent families, business owners, CFOs, Family Offices and other discerning travelers in search of private jet solutions there is PrivateJetCardComparisons.com also known as “the Kelley Blue Book” The site compares more than 100 private jet programs across 65 points of difference with the message to “Know Before You Buy.”
There was a gap in the marketplace assessed by founder Doug Gollan; in his research it was discovered that only 3 percent of buyers made use of a consultant when searching to fill their needs for private jets. Gollan was struck with the idea. As a contributor to Forbes.com, he started researching for a story about private jet cards and prepaid charter programs and whilst trying to do comparisons with the various programs, he discovered a wide range of areas where the policies varied including where companies will fly you through charges were calculated. There was a need not being addressed.
“Consumers buying jet cards and prepaid private charter programs are spending $50,000 to more than $500,000 making it a significant investment, especially when one considers a 25-hour jet card only covers about two roundtrip flights between New York and Los Angeles,” said Doug Gollan, PrivateJetCardComparisons.com Founder and Editor-in-Chief. “Private Jet Card Comparisons fills a huge gap in the market between winging it and hiring a consultant.”
Their comparisons cover a vast range of variables including corporate structure and ownership, initiation and hourly fees, aircraft and pilot sourcing standards, hourly rates, daily minimums for hours charged, charges for taxi time, refund policy, ability to rollover unused hours, insurance and liability coverage, peak travel surcharges, peak periods, advance time for reservations and cancellations, both for regular and peak period travel, WiFi availability, catering inclusions, policies for bringing pets, sending unaccompanied minors, service recovery, and VIP perks such as free jewelry, luxury hotel stays and event access.
The site also offers a other informational features to round out the information being shared to better inform your choices incliuding Frequently Asked Questions section, a Private Aviation Glossary and daily news feed which covers private jet charters, jet cards and fractional ownership. A useful site for the more than 500,000 households that make up the top half of the one percent those with the resources to buy jet cards. Beyond the individual, there are more Fortune 500 companies, 90 percent of them who also either operate private jets or use private aviation solutions such as jet cards, fractional ownership and prepaid private jet charter.
Gollan noted, “There are so many choices and so many differences. It’s easy to make costly mistakes. For example, some programs have a two-hour daily minimum. If you take a 40-minute flight you will be charged for two hours of flight time. The difference could be well over $10,000.” He added, “What it means, is your friends private jet card might not be right for you.”
Here is Private Jet Card Comparisons list of the top 10 reasons to buy a jet card:
- You don’t have the long-term commitment of ownership or fractional ownership.
- You don’t have to shop each trip with charter brokers, reviewing different contracts with varying terms. Anytime you, a family member or friend need to go, the private flight is one phone call away. Some card sellers even let you book online.
- You can rely on your jet card program’s standards for sourcing aircraft and pilots, including additional insurance above what operator’s provide.
- Many jet card programs provide you with guaranteed availability and rates, including during peak periods.
- Most jet cards have one-way pricing (without ferry fees) and also provide discounts for round trips.
- Jet card providers each have service recovery guarantees so you don’t have to worry about getting a re-quote if your original plane or crew can’t make the trip.
- There are jet card programs for every need, be it flying regionally or around-the-world.
- Most jet card programs have 24/7/365 day customer service and keep profiles of what you like and special needs.
- Many jet card sellers are buying in bulk from charter operators, meaning they have purchasing clout as well as priority for accessing jets.
- You know the rules of your program, so you know what you are getting without surprise charges and extra fees.
PrivateJetCardComparisons.com owned by Doug Gollan, LLC, is the publisher of DG Amazing Experiences, a weekly e-newsletter with a circulation of over 21,000 private jet owners and CEOs. Gollan is a noted expert on marketing to the Ultra High Net Worth and private aviation. Last year, he co-authored an Amazon best selling book, “Secrets of Selling to the Super Rich: Sales Superstars of Luxury,” his third book on the subject. He has been quoted as an expert of UHNW lifestyle habits by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Luxury Daily, WWD, The South China Morning Post, NBC Nightly News, FOX Business and others. He co-founded Elite Traveler in 2001, a magazine distributed aboard private jets, selling his interest in 2014.